Schedule for November 2 General Election
Last day to register to vote: Monday, October 5
Last day to apply for ballet by mail: Friday, October 23
First day of early voting in person: Monday, October 13
Last day of early voting in person: Friday, October 30
Hand Delivering Mail-In Ballots
This election, Travis County voters will be able to hand-deliver their own mail-in ballots to four different locations beginning October 1. There will be four drive-through locations:
· 5501 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX – Tax Office drive thru payment lanes
· Travis County 700 Lavaca Parking Garage, Austin, TX 78701- Lavaca entrance
· Travis County 700 Lavaca Parking Garage, Austin, TX 78701- Guadalupe entrance
· Travis County 1010 Lavaca Parking Lot, Austin, TX 78701- Enter from W. 11th St. between Guadalupe and Lavaca
Voters may personally hand deliver their own mail-in ballot at any of these locations during the following hours:
· Thursday, October 1 – Monday, October 12: 8 AM-5 PM Monday-Friday
· Tuesday, October 13 – Sunday, November 1: 7 AM-7 PM Monday-Saturday, 12-6 PM Sunday
· Monday, November 2: 8 AM-5 PM
· Tuesday, November 3: 7 AM-7 PM
You are eligible to register to vote if:
You are a United States citizen;
You are a resident of Travis County;
You are at least 17 years and 10 months old;
You are not a convicted felon, or, if convicted you have been pardoned or fully discharged your sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, supervision, or probation; and
You have not been declared by a court to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
How to Register to Vote
Find a Postcard Application
Visit any Travis County Tax Office.
Request an application from the Texas Secretary of State.
Visit any Austin Public Library, U.S. Post Office, Department of Public Safety, Department of Human Services or Department of Health located in Travis County.
And you can even do it online. Go here: